GUYS! I HAVE A BIG ANNOUNCEMENT!
Free Raw Food Recipes From Raw Chef Russell James
The raw food recipes are in video and text format.
Russell James is launching a Free Raw Food Recipe Series on his website. Every couple days check back he will be adding more Free Raw Food Recipes. This is a great opportunity to sample some truly amazing recipes developed by a world renowned raw food chef.
This picture looks so delicious it makes me want to just eat the picture.
So here’s another recipe from Russel James the Raw Food Chef.
Lemon & Avocado Butter Lettuce Salad
Butter Lettuce is also called Bibb Lettuce or Boston Lettuce. You may be lucky enough to find it still as a whole head, or just as the leaves. Either works.
If you can’t find either then romaine works really nicely too.
This is a filling and simple salad that is easy to present beautifully and can be made smaller if desired for a first course of a larger meal.
2 heads butter lettuce
2 nori sheets
1/4 cup pine nuts
1/2 cup baby tomatoes
1 cup cashews, soaked 20 minutes
1/2 cup water
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon onion powder
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon lemon zest
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons nutritional yeast (optional)
– Blend all ingredients together in a high-speed blender.
– Chill until ready to use.
Quick Parmesan Cheese
1/4 cup macadamias
2 tablespoons nutritional yeast
1/4 teaspoon salt
– Use a Microplane to grate the macadamias into a bowl.
– Add the nutritional yeast and salt, and then mix thoroughly.
– Cut the leaves from the stalk of the butter lettuce.
– Toss in the desired amount of dressing and then rearrange the leaves on the plate so they go from biggest to smallest, as they did when they were part of the original lettuce.
– Cut half of an avocado into a fan and place on the plate just to the side of the butter lettuce.
– Crush a dry nori sheet with your hands and sprinkle the lettuce with it.
– Quarter the baby tomatoes and sprinkle the salad with them, finishing up with a sprinkle of the quick parmesan cheese and the pine nuts.
And whalla! There you have it-yummy deliciousness for you to enjoy…